Developing the characteristics students need to flourish and succeedComing Soon
About this module:
We all know, as educators, that students’ effective acquisition of knowledge, skills and understanding, has to be ‘sticky,’ but what does it stick to? It sticks to characteristics. If students do not develop the right characteristics and competencies, they cannot learn. As educators then, how can we focus on characteristic and competency acquisition first and foremost when preparing learning experiences for young people?
Session One: Why it is the job of schools to develop students’ characteristics and competencies will explore:
- What should be taught.
- The future of education.
- Character education.
- Character education and learning in the classroom.
Session Two: How to develop students’ characteristics and competencies in school will explore:
- What do you already do at your school to develop your students’ characteristics and competencies?
- How well do you do it?
- How can you do it better? Practical examples to try ‘back at the ranch’.
- What we know about the characteristics and competencies that our learners need to be ‘future ready’.
- How you can use the World Class Schools Quality Mark characteristic framework to review your current practice and development opportunities for learners .
- Where you can develop characteristics – examples of practice in World Class schools.
- How you can develop characteristics – examples of practice in World Class schools.