Establishing an Environment for Learning
Start learning today
Upgrade your account to gain instant access this moduleSign in and Upgrade
About this module:
This module will focus on the importance of predictability in creating the conditions for positive behaviour for learning and preventing behaviour incidents. We consider how knowing our learners and their influences can help predict and modify behaviour. We’ll also focus on how our behaviour can influence the environment with particular consideration to establishing routines in and for learning and using language to maintain and restore learning.
The sessions will consider strategies and actions that individuals can use to both reflect on their own behaviours and to apply in their own context both between and beyond the sessions.
Session One: The importance of predictability will explore:
- Why predictability is powerful and the importance of relationships.
- The influence of our own behaviour in the learning environment.
- Establishing positive routines.
Session Two: The language of disciplined behaviour will explore:
- The impact that our language choices and delivery have on behaviour.
- Positive approaches to behaviour management.
- How to reflect on and adapt our approaches to managing behaviour.
- How the predictability of learner and adult behaviour can enhance the learning environment.
- The importance of our own behaviour in establishing consistency, clarity and expectation.
- How to be disciplined in your own language choices to influence learner behaviour.
- Strategies to promote positive behaviour for learning and manage behaviour challenges.